Estee lauder Double Wear foundation....what a gem!!

Hey y'all,

 Well I have finally decided to purchase a new foundation as I am sick to death of trying every foundation on the market under £10 and none of them giving me the staying power and coverage I want!! I work in a busy cafe and need my makeup to stay where I put it in the morning! Most of the other formula's I have been using have good coverage but they just don't stay put...so....I decided to splurge on a nice shiny new foundation and chose the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place makeup and I haven't regretted it!!

This is a creamy, thick foundation but it dries to a semi-matte finish and is OIL FREE!! So those of you who are anything like me and their t-zone gets shinier by the minute when the hotter weather comes in will find this to be a gem on their skin!!

The pros :

  • It has very good coverage.
  • A very small amount goes a long way, so this will last you a very long time. Probably between 4 - 6 months.
  • There is a very big range of shades.
  • Oil Free.
  • WILL stay in place!!
The Cons:

  • The only thing I found bad about it was you can feel it on your skin but I don't mind the feeling of foundation on my face because I know it's still on my skin. Other's may find this a problem. It will be a personal thing.
  • It has no pump but I have heard that a MAC Cosmetics foundation pump fits it very well so I'll have a try at that. 
This foundation retails at £26.50 for 30ml, which for some will be a little steep but it will be worth every penny!!





My shade is 1N1 ECRU. This is a brilliant shade for anyone who wears NW15 studio fix fluid by MAC and
I have found the best way to apply it is with a stipple brush and buff in.

Embur xx



Comments

  1. I cannot pay this much for make up,I have before and have always been disappointed but I do like the sound of this,have u tried Revlon colour stay its my all time favourite foundation x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree..This is a treat for me to spend this much on a foundation. I generally don't like spending a lot on foundations but thought I'd give it a go...It's so far keeping true to its claims lol. Yes I tried Revlon colour stay a few years back and I do remember really liking it, can't remember why I never re-purchased it thought :S. I'll maybe try it again next time I need a new foundation because I really don't have £26 every time I need a foundation lol

    Embur xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this foundation everyday and so far i have had the same bottle since August, i will prob get another month out of it. £26 does seem a lot but if you average it out over 8 months, you would only be forking this out twice a year. Deffo a great foundation for staying power and coverage :) Love Love Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dharam is an Indian diamond manufacturing and design brand, noted for its intricate depiction and precise cuts to produce opulent diamond designs. radiant diamond suppliers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Green Soap Company

March Favourites

Welcome 2018